Resolution Problem

strafe demon

Solid State Member
Ok I do not know if you guys are familiar with an rpg maker 2003, but I use that and recently got a new sapphire radeon x1900gt. I got the latest drivers with ati catalyst control center. Ok so afterwards I fire up rm2k3 which in full screen runs in 320x240 and stretches across the whole screen. However, now it is a smaller window in full screen at a greater resolution which I do not want. Ok so I went to ati.com and got the "latest" drivers which are only version 6.12 and my current ones are 6.14. 6.12 deleted my ati catalyst control center and jams my resolution down in games such as quake 4, but then rm2k3 ran fine in 320x240 once again. So I said I can not deal with low resolutions in games so I got my CD back out and got my 6.14 drivers back. Question is, with 6.14 drivers how can I get rm2k3 to run back in 320x240 while my games run in a 1024x768 resolution? Also I am certain it is not just the program itself due to me all the function keys and such to see, but even so if it was just the program it would not fix up with the older 6.12 drivers. Any help is GREATLY appreciated, thanks for your time.

If you have Windows XP, its possible you could do almost what you want.

Right click the shortcut to the program, and click on Properties.
Go to Compatability, and select to run in 640x480.

That "select to run in 640x480" does not help, also what do do once I insall omega drivers?? Just plain installing them did not help.

They are replacement drivers for the ATI chipset, instead of the official ATI ones.
I personally don't know what the problem is though, as it should have worked on the new one, like with your old one.
I didn't think changing drivers would help.

I know what they are, I believe there is some option somewhere to set lower resolutions to stretch to screen size, or something like that because there is with Nvidia. I got an ATI Tool Tray with the new drivers, so I am assuming there is some option somewhere in that program to set my settings how I like but I do not know where to start.

Someone told me they had a version of ATI Catalyst center with that option, does anyone know where I can find a program to set the lower resolutions to fit the screen?

Back
Top Bottom