Resetting Problem...

To Bluto

The fact remains that when you restart your system (or at least turn it off every 4-8 hours) you refresh the system's valuable memory (ram) since RAM cannot hold it's memory without a constant stream of electricity, every time you shut down or restart, you refresh the RAM.

There are other factors to consider like fan life, HDD activity, not to mention constant strain on power supply.
I never said that you can't leave it on, I just prefer my PC to be fresh!

So, in the long run, I'd rather take the time to shut down every so often.
That is unless you run your own dedicated server....

Had this problem on a system running xp pro. Fault in fan speeds caused it to constantly reboot just as windows loaded etc.

deepthroat said:
To Bluto

The fact remains that when you restart your system (or at least turn it off every 4-8 hours) you refresh the system's valuable memory (ram) since RAM cannot hold it's memory without a constant stream of electricity, every time you shut down or restart, you refresh the RAM.

There are other factors to consider like fan life, HDD activity, not to mention constant strain on power supply.
I never said that you can't leave it on, I just prefer my PC to be fresh!

So, in the long run, I'd rather take the time to shut down every so often.
That is unless you run your own dedicated server....
Thats why i do a restart every so often [same diff]
Have a look at the restart message.But if you leave it on all night for dedicated kazza etc.Live with the results.

Back
Top Bottom