Replace PSU Fan

culexor

Daemon Poster
Hey, not too long ago i purchased a SilverStone Zeus ST65ZF 650W PSU. Unfortunately, I was not aware of how loud the thing is. There is 1 80mm fan in the back exhausting air. IT'S LOUD. I was wondering what I could do to reduce the noise. If I were to replace the fan with a quieter one, the PSU would most likely overheat, and my warranty would be void due to the fan change. So if I can ensure that it will not overheat with a new fan inside of it, that would be great. What do you recommend I do for getting a new fan, should I get one to replace the 80mm and another to stick to the front to intake air? Also what do you recommend for fans?

This is my opinion, but I wouldn't take something that holds a lot of power like these things apart unless you know what you're doing. If I were to stick a fan in there, Noctua's are really quiet.

well it might just be me being cautios but theres 2 things i never attempt to fix,

monitors and power supplys simply because they have huge capacitors in them and monitors can store a charge big enough to kill you upto 6 months after its been unplugged and i hear about the same for power supplys

well it might just be me being cautios but theres 2 things i never attempt to fix,

monitors and power supplys simply because they have huge capacitors in them and monitors can store a charge big enough to kill you upto 6 months after its been unplugged and i hear about the same for power supplys

True.

However if you know what your doing and how to dis-charge the circuit.

These power supplies are the switching-mode type and as long as you disconnect it from the mains you'll be ok.

lol well this sounds like too big of a risk for me, and i also have no experience soldering, so i will just deal with this one until i can get a new one.

Back
Top Bottom