Repeated Password Prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemerick

Beta member
I work in the IT dept of a medium sized hospital, and we recently changed our ISP. Ever since the changeover everyone in the organization has been getting a password prompt when they try to access our intranet. The issue has also started prompting for passwords when outlook is opened as well. We dont have a password for our intranet or email, only when the users log onto the domain.

The only fix my team and I have found is a reboot, or renew ip settings. We don't know what is causing the issue, we've checked our DC and active directory servers and everything appears to be fine. It's almost like our machines are not authenticating with the server, but using cached credentials instead.

Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I would for sure set the local policy to wait for the network before logging on...it does sound liked a cached mode. The policy you want to set assuming you have XP/Win2k or a Windows 2003 server is located in the group policy editor under>Administrative Templates>System>Logon>Always wait for the network and computer startup and logon...set that to ENABLE...then push this to the PC's with the issue..I reccomend pushing this to ALL PC's. See if that makes it authinticate correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom