Removing Pent 4 cpu fan and how to keep thermometer on the CPU

parky

Beta member
hi im new to this forum,

Just some questions......

1)Does anyone know how to remove a Pent 4 cpu fan from the chip so i can access the chip??

2)Does anyone know how i can secure a thermometer to stay on the CPU chip...???

Any suggestions (but ones that wont destroy my chip) are welcome

Thanks very much...

Parky

no, i need to remove the CPU fan/heatsink which is on top of the chip to access the chip. But i need to know how to remove the fan/heatsink from on top of it!

usualy there are two press down fastners either side of the fan. if you look closely you will see that they have to be raised to free the fan. it takes a lot of pressure to push them down usualy. so it will need a fair tug to raise them. my old p4 fan had a lever type fastner which i had to pull upwards to free the chip, my new fan has the push down fastners, but all on the same princaple.

i have these 2 pullup white levers either side of the fan that release it. But there is still something else holding it down and i cant seem to find out what it is....anyone know?

once those levers are undone you have to ferk it out, it sometimes is a bit awkward, but take a close look.

Just make sure it feels lose. Then feel to where it it is still attched and take it off. Don't attch anything to the cpu. Get a better HSF and attach it to the cpu. Your tempature is monitored somehow. Just download Everest or Sisoftsandra. Those monitor your temps. You have to keep a HSF on the cpui or it will get to hot. Buy a Zalman copper HSF, the intel ones suck major.

wozelbeak said:
once those levers are undone you have to ferk it out, it sometimes is a bit awkward, but take a close look.
Don't jerk it. There are four clips on the corners of the fan bracket. You have to push them in as you apply upward pressure. All four of them have to be unclipped to get the fan off.

Back
Top Bottom