Remove them nasty folders from your IE favourite's menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

djcomplexfs

Baseband Member
nice and simple

Right mouse click on the folder in the menu , select properties then click hidden and your done :D

because some folder, like that stupid "links" folder will just come back. thanx, I was wondering how to do this.

I have my folders set to 'Show Hidden and System Files.' This technique does not work for me.

Yeah but remember to go to control panel>folder options if u want to reveal ur folder back again, or itd stay hidden 4eva ;)

I feel I should shed some light on this problem and give you the REAL solution to the problem. We will not be hiding it, we will be deleting it for good. You will need to go to Start/Run and type "regedit" without the quotes. Next go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar". You will see an entry called "LinksFolderName", edit this from "Links" to blank by double clicking on the item and deleting text that says "Links". Now, you delete the Links folder through Internet Explorer and it will NOT be recreated when you restart windows. Hope that helps.

crazy beans i didn't see "LinksFolderName=Links", but i see some typed url's is that not going to be there again? once i delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom