Remove BIOS password

asdf
If it's anything like older Dell Vostro laptops, you're screwed, it's probably stored inside of some type of NVRAM, and that could be a separate chip, or, part of another chip. My old Vostro, you could short two pins on the NVRAM to another point on the motherboard to cause the NVRAM chip to clear, but I would assume such tricks these days are not possible.
I personally haven't had much success with password reset websites or "default" passwords.

Last edited:

Joe C

Fully Optimized
They do make re-program tools to re-flash a bios. It's fairly cheap too.
https://www.amazon.com/SMAKN-Programmer-CH341A-Burner-EEPROM/dp/B013Q5P3ES
I'm sure it takes a certain skillset but to me it does not look to be too complicated providing you can still download another bios write from the OEM or pick up a pre-wrote bios chip for that laptop on ebay. use that tool to install a clean bios chip and use that to re-write to the existing chip on the board.
Edit:
I can recall a while back that you could get a good bios chip, place that on the bad chip (pin for pin) on the board and get the board to boot up, once you do that you can do a re-flash on that chip and get it to be usable again. I think a new bios flash would wipe out the password.

Last edited:
Top Bottom