Remotely formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

barneyw

Beta member
Hi

I need to find a way to remotely format a server. It has various partitions and would hopefully like to format all of them but C: being the one i'm most concerned about.

Is there any way this can be done so that i can restart the server and it starts the format when it reboots.

Any help welcome.

Cheers

assuming C is the system partition open disk management console or open disk management under computer management

under action click connect to remote computer, use the name and domain or ip address of remote server and do that....

Sorry should have mentioned, they are NT4 servers. I was thinking of something like forcing it to run fdisk at startup.

Not gonna happen... The only remote way to reformat the server is to start the process and "Walk away". Don't forget the answer file.

Thats as "remote" as you are going to get.

actually, if your nics support PXE booting, then you can do the whole thing remotly that way, but you have to do all the setup for it. So unless you are doing like 20+ in multiple sites, it might not be worth it...

Thanks for all the responses, starting to think it's not easily done at all. going to have to visit the servers individually.

Cheers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom