Remote Desktop

hitmanwa

Baseband Member
I've recently networked 3 computers and am using remote desktop to access 2 from 1. 1 thing I've noticed is when I take control of one it logs the current user off. They get the black screen and have to log back in. Is there a way to keep this from happening. If I take control of 1 of the systems I'd like the current user to be able to see what I'm doing. Is this possible or am I just missing something somewhere?

Currently when IT logs onto our computer to fix a problem we can see what they are doing so I guess it's possible I'm just not finding where I can set this up.

Thanks in advance,
Hit

I have ran into the same problem and it can not be done with RDC you can download tightVNC to do what you want as long as you are not running Vista. A couple of months ago VNC didnt work with vista and the workarounds didnt work either.

Um, There's a program called Log Me In, It's great. Try using it. You can connect to them from anywhere in the world. Just install the program on the computer(s) you want to connect to, and on the computer your using to connect.

NP like Jake Harris said, Log Me In is a great program to use. I forgot about that. It would run a lot better than VNC so try that first

UltraVNC works with Vista. We had some problems at the school I work in, though. It froze constantly, meaning you had to then walk out to the computer to finish the job. By which time, kids could have messed about with stuff and it would take you longer.

However, I don't know whether or not that issue has now been resolved.

Your IT department probably uses a form of VNC. There are a few out there that are half-decent, you just need to do some research. :)

Back
Top Bottom