Remote Desktop...linksys ect..

cnl83

Baseband Member
ok, I setup RDP on my linksys router. I went to a LAN pc and put the ip address of the router in, and it successfully forwarded me to the server. I try to do this outside the network using the WAN ip address, and I get the connection error, that says its not setup.

I even tried the ip with the port :3389

Any ideas?

Make sure the system that you want to remote into, has its ip manually configured, so it wont change, and make sure you have your port forwarding pointed to the correct system, and that RDP is configured on the system that you would like to remote into.

The correct RDP port 3389. I googled it..why would you say 3308?

If I can remote that server from the LAN then it should be setup for RDP correctly right?

cnl83 said:
The correct RDP port 3389. I googled it..why would you say 3308?

If I can remote that server from the LAN then it should be setup for RDP correctly right?

3389 is the client port, not the server port. you cannot connect client to client, you have to connect client to server. And yes, if you can remote into it, it should be set up correctly, however your port forwarding is not set up correctly on your router, to point to the ip of the computer you want to remote into.

Ok simply this... I just want to put the WAN in my little box lol...and I want the router to forward me to the server. So I put RDP as the application port 3389 and the ip address of the server.

Back
Top Bottom