Remote Desktop Help

wsigo

BSOD
Hi a couple months ago I was experimenting with remote desktop stuff on here, and I was/am too stupid to make it work right, so I gave up. But now, I'm trying to use SpyAmp and when I try to access my own IP address from any computer, I have a login prompt that I can't get rid of. I can't even log into it using my user name/password. Can anyone help me to get rid of this? I attatched a screenshot so you know what I'm talking about. THANKS!

-Edit: If I type 'localhost' in my browser I can get past the log in screen. But still no go on typing my IP. Thanks for any help

screenshot.jpg

By any chance are you using a home router? I think that may be what we are seeing. If this is so, you need to change the port used for SpyAmp in the plugins section in winamp. Restart winamp. Log in to your router and set up port forwarding on whatever port you decide to run spyamp on to your machine using IP address. Then, in your browser, type in 216.223.173.45:XXXX where XXXX is whatever port number you have designated to use with SpyAmp.

I've changed the port already. I don't have a router, but I do have a hub. Any way that I connect to the internet, I still have this problem. Something on MY COMPUTER is making this log in screen show up, and I KNOW it's something I've done related to the Remote Desktop that's built in to Windows. I just can't figure out how (short of formatting) to take things back to the way they were.

wsigo said:
Something on MY COMPUTER is making this log in screen show up, and I KNOW it's something I've done related to the Remote Desktop that's built in to Windows. I just can't figure out how (short of formatting) to take things back to the way they were.

I can assure you that there is nothing in windows remote desktop that would do this, unless you put some third party software on your computer. If this is not the case, it looks to me as if you have a back door on your computer, and should get rid of it.

I doubt there is a backdoor because that login screen would still show up when he used localhost instead of his IP address. That login screen is not on the computer itself, it is either the modem he is using for internet connectivity or possibly the "hub".

Wsigo, how is your network set up? I need make and model numbers for all equipment. Also, what port number did you choose?

Back
Top Bottom