Remote Desktop Connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrznet

Beta member
Hi,
When I try to connect to remote PC using my Administrate account, I see another Administrator is logged on.
After I entering my password, I see :

"the user PC1\Administrator is currently logged on to this computer. if you want to continue Administrator has to disconnect from this computer, do you want to continue?"

The question is, how can we both work on the same PC ?
Its possible at all ?
Thanks.

How a Remote Desktop Connection Affects Windows XP Professional

Windows XP Professional includes remote desktop functionality that you can use to connect remotely to the console through a Terminal Services client. Only one user can use a Windows XP Professional-based computer at a time, either by logging on to the console or by connecting remotely. These are the scenarios you may encounter.

Yes, I saw it before I asked there...But it still unclear.
Can you point me, how your link can help me ?
Thanks.

it tells you only one user can be logged on at any particular time. if someone is logged on at the console (in fornt of the screen), then they must logoff before anyone can connect remotely.

You should try a different remote control software if you don't want the "one user" limitation. There are free one on the net, like tightVNC.

But its possible to extend "more than one user" settings somewhere to 2 or 3 as example ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom