Remote access with LogMeInCentral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, just attended a web seminar on LogMeIn's new product that is in beta and I thought I'd share some of the information I gathered from it. Let me start out by saying I am not paid for this and I'm not an employee of LogMeIn. I do use their products to support my customers, but I am in no way affiliated with LogMeIn. I'm just a customer of theirs.

New product is going to be called LogMeInCentral. It is an entirely new interface compared to what users are used to right now. Do not think of it as software you deploy onto customer computers, but a content rich interface with tools, reports, inventory and of course a breakout of groups and computers that you support. You will deploy software to remote computer by using the IT Reach, Free, or Pro2 (there are a few others) but this new product gives you a more content rich environment to work with and gives you more resources to use.

This is not going to be a free upgrade, but a product you have to purchase. No price has been set yet, but with some of the pro's involved with the new product if it is priced right and you provide a lot of remote support, it will definitely be worth paying for (if the price is right).

Some of the standouts from the presentation include:
-Free remote deployment for the LogMeIn Free software. This is deployed by sending a hyperlink to the end user and having them install the software from there. No more giving out your password or being on site to install.
-Remote deployment available for PC and MAC.
-Still no limit to the amount of PC's supported. This is also a feature now with the Free software, but will also be extended to the Central product.
-Networking capabilities, you can now create networks of computers that reside on the same network. This is a similar function now seen with the grouping ability of computers but the networking feature will allow you more control over the computers on that network. Which includes files sharing, permissions.
-Along with the networking feature comes a wake on LAN feature. If you have a computer with the logmein software installed (and you have the Central product) you will be able to wake up other computers on the same network (whether through LAN or Wi-Fi).
-Central offers an inventory feature now. So you can have inventory on the computers you support. This gives you both hardware and software inventory reports on the computers and from what I gather can be automatically created (you don't have to physically type in the inventory; it scans the computer and gives you the hardware specs as well as the software installed).
-Reporting tools which allow you create reports on computers (fields you define like CPU usage, downloading reports, etc) and it can email you those reports. They will also be available in the Central interface.
-Free alerts, CPU usage too high, downloading too much, you can now have reports send to your email or posted on the Central interface.
-You can combine reports, so you have one report for all the computers on a particular network or home network combined into one report
-Separate logins. You can have multiple logins each with their own permissions to get into Central. This would be useful if you have multiple people that can remote into computers but you don't want those people to have access to the servers on a particular network
-Saving login information. Right now you have to re enter credentials every time you log into a computer. Now you have the option of saving those (details on how were not given but said it was saved on the host computer) user names and passwords.
-Logging in can be instant. In the sense that you click on a computer and it automatically logs you in (assuming you have the user and pw saved). Currently it takes you to a dashboard, then you have to click again to log in.
-Ignition is still available. Which allows you to access computers through your iphone.

More can be found at www.beta.logmein.com/nextgen which includes features, guides and FAQ's.

Will I be purchasing this product - it really depends on price. For me the reporting tool and free deployment of logmein free are the highest points in this new product. But I feel that if the price is right I would definitely be willing to pay for this product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom