Remote Access Gaming Binge eXtreme!

avgjoe22

Baseband Member
Catchy title, no?

But there are some problems with my gaming adventure - one of which is that i won't BE at my pc...

Long story, but the fact of the matter is, i CAN access my PC from where I will be, but after my first few remote access attempts, I have found that when I remotely access my game (Tibia - it's real popular in South America and Europe) it gives me no picture... It's NOT a full screen game, it doesn't use serious 3D and I set it to use DirectX 5 instead of the new one...

But I can't seem to use it on EITHER end when it is remotely accessed.

:(

I am using No-IP to keep a static IP address, and UltraVNC to remotely access the PC - UltraVNC will not access the game through the Java viewer OR the software viewer.

Help?

VNC isn't designed for remote gaming so hence it has no support for it. It probably cannot pick up that there is anything on the screen because it cannot see through DirectX (similar idea when trying to take a screenshot of WMP).

Why cannot you just install the game on that computer anyway? Instead of trying to remotely play one on another computer.

Jamie.

Ugh - I tried that, but it's a school computer.

I'm stuck in the room ALL day next weekend, and I can't install anything...

I tried the software at my mom's, but.... no - go.

I just want to be able to do some basic interaction, I don't care about quality!

Back
Top Bottom