Remodeled my Master bathroom... 99% done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
110V's just a little tickle... :p it doesn't hurt after a few times of shocking yourself... I found that out when I re-did the hallway fixtures in my house... Someone just added to already existing wires, and didn't bother to remove the old stuff... well they left one wire hot... and guess who found it 3 times! LOL

Picture that shower with a water proof Plasma and a seat maybe mini fridge ...
I am going to look at my beautiful bathtub i refinished again now. *sigh
The Amps that worry me :)

110V's just a little tickle... :p it doesn't hurt after a few times of shocking yourself... I found that out when I re-did the hallway fixtures in my house... Someone just added to already existing wires, and didn't bother to remove the old stuff... well they left one wire hot... and guess who found it 3 times! LOL

My buddy was hookin my light up for me and he god bit GOOD... That house wiring stuff just REALLY makes me nervous.. I replaced the outlet with a GFCI, apparently the power was still on... :freak: I got lucky... Only do one wire at a time.. It was on the kitchen fuse breaker.. Not the bathroom one.. You wanna hear a swearin fit, have me work on electrical in the house! LOL

UUUuugh! I HATE doing that stuff!!! I was messin with the light originally, the switch was off, and I still got bit.. Something with the common wires. It went all the way through my biceps. I know automotive voltage and it doesn't bother me.. My buddy Jason is the opposite.. he gets jumpy hookin his battery up to his car, but he's OK with house voltage. My father laughs when He sees me all jumpy around house voltage.. Apparently I used to wander around, when I was in diapers, with a screw driver, stickin it into outlets.. I guess I used to go cryin to him and he's say "Haha, what's the matter? You get Bit??" LOL Ahhh... Good times... (ca. 1981)

The brand is Interceramic. That tile was ROCK hard to drill thru!!! :freak:
thats because you dont drill thru tile lol, your supose to use a grinder and cut a small hole to allow the screw to pass. what did you drill into it anyway? also pick yourself up a tube of latex just pass it along the top between the tile and cealing. use popsicles stick or your finger, (i prefer my finger) and wipe it across the top to fill the holes and make it nice and indented. oh also if you use your finger wash your hand then lick your finger. your saliva will prevent the latex from sticking to your skin, and its a pain to get off. then you will go from home renovation to proffesional looking. that line between the tile and the cealing is a litle of an eye sore, and i must say im very impressed to see some one lay shower tile for there first time, and this well. especialy on a 45.

I actually did it myself i looked at all the refinishing kits and did some research and then sanded the entire tub down and stripped all the calk.
make sure you have a fan or ventilation going as best you can and wipe the entire thing down several times with a good thinner or in my case i had some MEK. I still have a head ache lol
I cheated and used a high strength Marine primer and paint ( my in laws own a Marina so i got it cheap) and a spray gun,I used self etching primer can't remember the name but it sticks better to the fiberglass. went over with 3 coats of white Marine paint and it looks perfect. was alot easier than that glaze crap my friend tried that and his tub looked mediocre at best. this paint has a 10 year life expectancy but you can only clean the tub with scrubbing bubbles or something similar no abrasives from then on.
it set for about a day and a half before use and they recommend not using any chemical at all for about 90 days on it just soap and water to clean keep any soap scum off it.
I rolled the bottom with a rough roller to give it some texture for slip resistance on the second to last coat then went over it with the last one came out nice
about all i got on that. re calk wait again and voila .
EDIT: also you cannot use any suction cup or stick on type matts or anything after this.
but my son and wife have dropped bottles, toys, etc and doesn't leave a scratch.
If your really remodeling may not be the best plan of attack but I baught the house 5 mo's ago and it needed refinished so if it lasts me 5+ years even I'll be happy.

thats because you dont drill thru tile lol, your supose to use a grinder and cut a small hole to allow the screw to pass. what did you drill into it anyway? also pick yourself up a tube of latex just pass it along the top between the tile and cealing. use popsicles stick or your finger, (i prefer my finger) and wipe it across the top to fill the holes and make it nice and indented. oh also if you use your finger wash your hand then lick your finger. your saliva will prevent the latex from sticking to your skin, and its a pain to get off. then you will go from home renovation to proffesional looking. that line between the tile and the cealing is a litle of an eye sore, and i must say I'm very impressed to see some one lay shower tile for there first time, and this well. especialy on a 45.

I had to drill in a couple small spots.. I mis judged the opening for the mixers, and the trim screws wouldn't work on the left side.. So I just drilled the holes.. The spade bit, glass and tile bit works AWESOME for that!!! Plus I had to drill holes for the toilet mounting flange.. The one that was in there was basically sheet metal.. I had to get a beefier one.. (And I lost one of the screws for the old one)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom