Reinventing the keyboard - 8pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
Intriguing to say the least and its always good to see initiative in reinventing an archaic method for the modern world.

8pen site said:
Writing on small devices, in a fast and natural way

The 8penâ„¢ allows for the replacement of the conventional keyboard on all devices capable of detecting gestures, in particular mobile phones with touch screens, digital cameras, modern remote controls or game controllers. Its advantage lies mainly in the fact that it is possible to input text faster than using conventional layouts on small devices, while at the same time mimicking human hand-writing. Moreover, the simplicity of the gestures involved greatly reduces the problem of mistyping that frequently occurs with the classical layout due to the lack of space. For the same reason, it is possible to write without viewing, as only the central region is needed as a reference for starting and ending a movement.

source: 8pen

I saw this a while ago.. I don't really see this as being better than a normal keyboard... Looks too confusing :tongue:

^ Ah I wish iPhone had Swype... I remember using it on a Samsung Captivate... Much faster than the keyboard thumb pecking :tongue:

Yha better hope your screen ain't glichy....

Just imagine drunk hookup texts.
asklfjsa ldfsakd fjasdf kjasdfj asdf jasdkfj adf klwefjasd kuacwjad fk wjals ajlkjlkcvj fls;a djfklxcv
translates to
Hey, baby, wanna come to my house and get funky in my room? My roommate's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom