Reinstalling task manager

Harsh Pranami

Baseband Member
Friends please help.due to virus my task manager is deleted.now since the virus has been removed i want to reinstall task manager from windows cd but without reinstalling windows.how can i do so?i am using xp sp 1.

what? Just hit ctrl+alt+delete and choose task manager. Otherwise the virus is still there.

oh and make sure you're in Safe Mode

Hmm.....You need to get rid of the virus first, but what makes you think that task manager is deleted?

Friend whenever i hit ctrl-alt-delete together task manager opens but the tabs,title bar does not appear.that appears is only window showing open tasks and three buttons that is end task new task and switch to.i can not switch to process tab.please help

Make sure the virus is gone first - Boot the computer into safe mode and run a virus checker like Avira Antivir (you can download it on my website at www.mhare.com.au). Once you are sure the virus is gone then run a repair on windows using your windows cd.

Friend repairing the windows is a very critical procedure,can't i just copy the task manager file from windows cd into windows folder?And thanks for reply

No, actually. You can insert the windows CD and run a repair installation without losing any data or application. Be sure you do not use "recovery console" to repair your operating system, though.

Much easier fix!! just double click that bar around the window. The buttons are just hidden.

Much easier fix!! just double click that bar around the window. The buttons are just hidden.
This sounds like the logical answer. I don't have an XP pc to test it on but it sounds reasonable. Give it a try and let us know.

Back
Top Bottom