Reinstalled Windows xp , Now no sound , tried Everything!! Need Help Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlefigrolls

Beta member
Hey there.
Ok , so recently my pc got a virus which caused me to have to reinstall Windows xp.
after re installation i had no sound , and my computer basically was saying there isnt a sound card , when i knew there was , because i had sound before.
that was a month ago ,
Since then , Ive downloaded countless Sound drivers from my Motherboard's website , Chipset Drivers and UAA Bus thingy drivers , ( as you can obviously see im No Computer WizzKid)
Ive checked My Bios sound thing aswell and thats turned on

When i try to Install the Sound driver on the actually MotherBoard cd i was given with the computer It says it cannot install the driver for some reason and its exactly the same with the driver's ive downloaded.

When i go to Hardware devices , it doesn't register a sound card , so i cannot get windows to install me one .

And with the UAA driver , Im slightly confused by all the documents it gives me in the file , and im pretty sure im not doing the right thing

Having No sound on your pc is extremely frustrating and i seriously Need help . Thank you . :grin:

P.s My Motherboard is a Foxconn m7vmx , and im on Windows xp 32 bit version.

Is your Device Manager showing an "Unknown Device"?

If it is then you can right click on the Unknown Device and select Update Driver Properties.

Select "Browse my computer for driver software"

Select Browse and navigate to the location of the unpacked driver files that you downloaded.

I would also suggest getting Driver Sweeper from Guru3D.com. The reason being is that you probably have installed so many drivers that the system is now conflicted and you need to clear out a few in order for the system to recognize that you have a proper driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom