Registering domains & creating sites

keepingwatch123

Beta member
First of all, please bare with me. I am new to this, NOT an IT person & just trying to confirm whether this information is correct or not. I am not sure if I am in the appropriate section of the forum???????

"The domain name was registered by MelbourneIT - the site was created by Ivenue in California. Why someone would register a domain in Australia and use a company in the US to create their site I am not certain as we certainly have plenty of people here who could do it - and the company who created the site could easily have registered the domain name for them. "

So my question is: Can you register a domain in Australia & use a company in the US to create their site?
Also
The company who created the site could easily have registered the domain name for them?

Thanks

Hey Keepingwatch,

The company you register your domain with can be based anywhere in the world, what matters is the domain part e.g. .com.au , .co.uk etc, as these represent the country your website is from.. as long as you got .com.au (Which is Australia, if you wanted that) it is fine.

When it comes to making your actual website, a company can be based anywhere in the world it just about picking which company can make your website the best.
Once there finished theyll add your Webaddress e.g. www. keepingwatch.com.au to your Website.

Please let me know if you need any more clarification. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom