Regarding OS

yeah, linux is great. I'm using ubuntu and I like it alot, but u need to do some stuff before u will get it working like u want to. But overall it's a pretty nice OS.
I have yet to try gaming on linux, but I'm going to try it when I find the time to install wine or cedega.

would you say, without bias :p , that linux is better then windows, because im almost done building my computer and I want to make the right software choices this time around

Both have their pros and cons. Although, I am still thinking to try a completely different OS, called SkyOS...or ReactOS.

it's pretty hard to say which one is better. Windows is more user friendly, and it's alot easier to do basic stuff like install programs. (well it's damn easy with linux when u get the idea, but at first it can be quite hard) Also windows comes with basic stuff like .mp3 support, which u have to install to linux if u want to listen to .mp3s.

But if u have the patience to configure linux it will be a great operating system. U don't really have to worry about security and stuff like that, ofcourse having a firewall is always a good idea. There are also some anti-virus and anti-spyware solutions, but they are pretty much useless since there are very few viruses designed to linux systems.

But just try it out and see if u like it, can't go wrong with linux. U are not paying anything so u don't lose any money if u don't like it.

neodude112320 said:
I used linuc and it is great i would still be using if i could get wine working and that if i could find drivers 4 my graphics card

well ati does suck when it comes to drivers, particularly linux drivers.
But I'm sure u will figure it out if u spend some time using google. ;)

I still have to get my dual monitors and wine or cedega working on linux, then I might start to use it as my main OS again.

i use to play with ubuntu live cd' was pretty cool, although not all windows software runs on it... its a pretty security safe os.. :)

Linux is a great system. The transition from windows isn't as bad as some people say. Ubuntu is a great beginner linux version, you should check it out.

Back
Top Bottom