Refurbishing pc's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if this is in the wrong section im sorry. iv been recently thinking about getting pc's to refurbish and resell but i dont know how to go about getting those pc's as i dont want them to be a dinosoure or anything like that maybe the maxmium age would be 5 years old, but at the same time as not having too many to do like a MAX of 10 or so pc's would be anoth. as this is an experiment and im not sure how i'll go but might aswell give it ago.

EDIT. just realised i spelled refurbishing wrong LOL

Re: refurnishing pc's.

if this is in the wrong section im sorry. iv been recently thinking about getting pc's to refurbish and resell but i dont know how to go about getting those pc's as i dont want them to be a dinosoure or anything like that maybe the maxmium age would be 5 years old, but at the same time as not having too many to do like a MAX of 10 or so pc's would be anoth. as this is an experiment and im not sure how i'll go but might aswell give it ago.

EDIT. just realised i spelled refurbishing wrong LOL

your best bet would be to visit a local office neer your tellign them you will buy the pc's of them when they plan on upgrading.

your best bet would be to visit a local office neer your tellign them you will buy the pc's of them when they plan on upgrading.

i live in devonport so ther not to many offices here but mum dose work in the tafe libray so that might be a posablity.

Your best be will be government sales / foreclosure notices, just be aware that you may not get hard drives from government computers.

Your best be will be government sales / foreclosure notices, just be aware that you may not get hard drives from government computers.

hmm i never thought of that. i'll have a look thrugh some goverment sites and see if i can find info.

Google: Government Computer sales, State Computer Sales, Law enforcement Computer sales, Corporate Computer Sales, Used Computer Sales etc you will get a few thousand results.

Also check the job lot section of ebay you might touch lucky, I saw a load of older g5 iMacs for sale from a design studio that went bust for sale by the repo company - that's one thing to rember btw MAC's hold on to there resale value more so than standard PC's cant figure out exactly why but they do. Also you might like to look into other IT items other than the computers things like printers, netowrking equipment etc can be baught for buttons but will sell for more if you sell them right.

Google: Government Computer sales, State Computer Sales, Law enforcement Computer sales, Corporate Computer Sales, Used Computer Sales etc you will get a few thousand results.

Also check the job lot section of ebay you might touch lucky, I saw a load of older g5 iMacs for sale from a design studio that went bust for sale by the repo company - that's one thing to rember btw MAC's hold on to there resale value more so than standard PC's cant figure out exactly why but they do. Also you might like to look into other IT items other than the computers things like printers, netowrking equipment etc can be baught for buttons but will sell for more if you sell them right.

sweet. i'll start googling now.

heyn thanks saxon. i just found a site that is selling 2 computers for 579 but they have a pentioum 4 procesore but easily changed

Not a problem mate, I have done it a few times with older laptops.

Edit: I also fixed the title for you.

Not a problem mate, I have done it a few times with older laptops.

Edit: I also fixed the title for you.

the onse i found that pentium 4 procesore could easily be changed with a qude core or dull core, and that should put its resall value up a fair bit shouldent it?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom