Reformatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
I'm going to college really soon, and instead of trying to clean up the crap I have on this computer, I'm going to just reformat it. My only concern is overclocking. I have a stable overclock, so can I reformat and still keep my overclock, or should I set everything back to the way it was first?

Also, I zipped some things to transfer over, but I am wondering, if programs are running while it is zipping, will it affect it and ruin what it was doing? I'd assume not, but I want to make darn well sure before I reformat this bad mammer jammer.

everything should be fine. reformatting doesnt affect the bios so your oc will remain, and about the zipped files as long as you didnt get a file in use error you should be fine...

Sweet... a few more things to copy, and I'm off to reformat. Then I suppose I'll have to put Microsoft Word and Excel and all that good stuff on here for college.

Now that I think about it, before I do it, are there any Windows XP updates that I should NOT get? I know some have been known to screw things up in the past.

i havent had any screw anything up i would just reformat normal and install sp2 and your drivers and stuff then update and your should be good.

Thanks, I had more questions, but I figured "Overclocking" isn't the place for them, so I put up a post in the Windows Operating System section. Thanks for your help.

Hey, its been a while since I last reformatted my sisters comp, and for some reason forgot how to do it, could someone take me through the process of reformatting Windows XP?
Thanks

Put the cd in the cd drive, go into ur bios and change the boot order so that it can boot from the cd exit the bios saving changes and it should boot from the cd... then just follow the on-screen instructions to reformat and reinstall windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom