reformat slave drive....

dorfman

In Runtime
Ok here is the back story.

My computer died. I think it was the processor died. Anyways..

I ripped out the harddrive since I did not want to loose all of my music, I got a new computer, stuffed the old hard drive in there, took all of my stuff that i needed off of the old hard drive and put it on the new one

And now, I have a second hard drive with a bunch of useless data on it, (including xp) that I want to just wipe the thing and use it as an external (once I get a case for it)

How do I do so? How do I delete everything off of the slave drive?

If it shows up in my computer (I'm assuming you're using windows on the new computer?) you should be able to just right click the drive and select format. If not - what errors are you getting when you try?

You could go into your HDD settings and reformat it for what ever configuration your computer has ex: FAT and then it shoudl be fine.

Use disk management to delete , recreate and format the old drive.

Right click My Computer > Manage > Disk management

Right Click the old disk and select Delete Volume once that is done recreate the volume (right click, create partition iirc) and format it

Use disk management to delete , recreate and format the old drive.

Right click My Computer > Manage > Disk management

Right Click the old disk and select Delete Volume once that is done recreate the volume (right click, create partition iirc) and format it
^^^ This

Do that and you should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom