Recording high resolution footage with fraps. What specs are needed to have no lag?(P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Recording high resolution footage with fraps. What specs are needed to have no la

Are you sure this will record at highest settings and smoothly with no lag (50-60 FPS)
YouTube - Far Cry 2 - Dawn Raid [HD Enabled]
This is the smoothness and quality I want.

No, I am not sure ???(what's this?) will record at highest settings and smoothly with no lag

in that video, he set max frame rate to 30

but you are asking 50-60FPS

also, he is recording at 1920x1200 (over 2.3million pixels)

you only want to record at 720P (912,600 pixels)

it should be a lot less demanding to record at lower resolution

at 1280x720 it will be more CPU limited than GPU

so grab a quad core, overclock it, and match it up with a modern video card

how much money do you want to spend on this gaming rig anyway?

Re: Recording high resolution footage with fraps. What specs are needed to have no la

Tape a HD camcorder to your head and be done with it..

What I was saying is that that is the smoothness of gameplay I want.
No I'm not strapping an HD camera to my head to record!

My budget is around 900$ more or less

I was joking man haha.

Do what has been said. Get a already fast Core i7, get some DDR3 1600mhz ram, OC that Core i7 to like 4.5ghz on a good mobo so it's extremely quick, get a fairly fast cheep HDD around 120gb will be plenty purely for recording onto.

Win win win, maybe.

You could also find an application that will let you set certain programs to use certain cores. A game like MW2 will be pretty happy with 1 core (maybe 2) @ 4.5ghz on an i7, dedicate the rest to FRAPS.

Alternatively, press print screen really fast and link all the pictures up into a video (Not really, i'm just full of sarcasm)

Sorry if I didn't reply in a couple days but I'm reinstalling my Laptop and that has taken a bit.

Could you link a PC with the specs you listed?

I could, but i really shouldn't. There are people on here that would make a better PC than me.

Go into the hardware section and create a thread asking for a Core i7 build. The more clued up people will be glad to help you and ask any technical questions you ask.

My 2 Cents

I have an i7 @ 3.8ghz 6 gigs ram hd 4890.

I am unable to use fraps in warhammer due to the fact i get 30 FPS in most large scale battles so i can't afford the decrease.

Does anyone know if using remote desktop would work ?

Using fraps to record what remote desktop is seeing on the other computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom