Recommended Software for certain tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try removing it with Revo Uninstaller and trying again. I have never used that program so i cant tell you a answer. But try Nero Recode, DVDShrink or something like that.

Try under this category.

Ripping and other such applications used for backup of media:

Added a special section for GPU Converters and put your software recommendation in there. Thanks for the input.

might as well add converters that takes advantage of the GPU

Badaboom | TMPGEnc | PowerDirector 7 <--- Nvidia

PowerDirector 7 <---- ATi

and I still can't figure out Avivo, so not including it

PS, I remember there was one more for Nvidia, but I just can't recall the name...
also surprise surprise! badaboom isn't the only one :p

so tmpgenc and power director use the gpu too?

good. because nobody write software to work with the old expensive hardware encoders anymore. we were stuck using windows media encoder which doesn't convert to xvid

anyone know of a good inctrl5 alternative? I was trying to use it to track down what permissions I'd need to delegate to a user, but the app I was running apparently uses more than 16,000 files (which is a bit redonkulous) and that is inctrl5's limit....

EDIT:

I found ProcessMonitor from M$ which told me where the "access denied" was coming from.

nevermind!

I added a new section for Boot Tools and added EasyBCD, UBCD, and SuperGRUB. I also added HDD Regenerator to the HDD Tools section.

Added a section for Codecs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom