recommendations for RAM

RKeaton

Baseband Member
Hi

Man of little computer knowledge here. I have an HP 7330 pc that came w/ 1 gig of RAM and I want to add more. It has 2 open slots. Before I just go and buy anything, can I get some recommendations from you? Best, fastest, best value, etc. Thank you.

Rob

I suggest you go into your case and look for CL it should be listed on the ram its very important for your CL cannot be differnet its also caleld somtimes CAL LAG, CAL and anything along those lines it'll be a number bwetwen 2.0-3.0 I believe you need to expect this and see what type of CL you need. For cheaper ram geil and patrioit are quite good, if your looking for a higher end ram go with corasir or kingston. Be warned i've had a lot of DOA ram sticks and chances are unbuffered is the way to go.

I hope i helped :)

if its AMD chances are its DRR 400. However you need to find us your ram name so we can find the information for you

This is what came installed on the computer (from spec listing):

1.0GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory (2x512 for ultimate performance) (expandable to 4GB)

I will probably add 2 512 sticks. I guess my main question for you is which brand(s) are good/bad, plus any other advice I should be aware of.

Thanks for the help

Rob

Back
Top Bottom