Recommendation

Raymuindo

Baseband Member
About how many people could I handle in my counter strike source server? here are my specs:

Intel P4 2.4ghz
512mb RAM
80gb IDE 7,200RPM HD
384kbps upload (cable)

With you playing?

I dont know, maby 20-5ish.

Edit-
Think of this site. It has a 2.8ghz P4 with 1gb ram. The site never laggs, and there are usually alotta people on. Is it laggy for you? Me neither and there is..

263 (19 members and 244 guests)

I mean, sure there are major major differences, but kinda the same prinipla.

Well, I was strictly talking about the computer.

Im not sure about your upload speed. But as long as it is a steady stream, it should be okay. Because it isnt but like a 6kbs stream upload.

ArrizX said:
With you playing?

I dont know, maby 20-5ish.

Edit-
Think of this site. It has a 2.8ghz P4 with 1gb ram. The site never laggs, and there are usually alotta people on. Is it laggy for you? Me neither and there is..

263 (19 members and 244 guests)

I mean, sure there are major major differences, but kinda the same prinipla.

I lag sometimes on this. I got that message a lot that screws up my topics and never posts it and when I try it again, it says it is a duplicate of something that was posted before.

i get that to, but ive learnt to get around it lol, anyway about the server ya it should work but i would think u need a higher upload speed but i dont know whats good for that since mine is 512kb/s so maybe yours isnt enough?

Probably a few. I have like a 768k connection and in Halo, I can only host with a few ppl without lagging extremely bad.

game fps mostly depend on video card.

ur memory is not a problem for cs as long as ur video card is decent.

i get 100fps in smoke nade with my specs.

Back
Top Bottom