recommend me a laptop

mikee

Fully Optimized
I am looking to get a new laptop. my budget is roughly 500$ budget.
This is a follow up to my previous thread about whether to upgrade or place this laptop.

I have decided to replace it.
What I want to do is school work ie creating word docs and powerpoint and eclipse. I also want to be able to play some games ie minecraft and some other games like gta 4, far cry 3 (low settings). I want a 15 inch screen or bigger.

My current laptop is a hp pavillion dv 6838ca. intel core 2 duo t5550, 3gb ram, 250gb hdd, intel gma x3100 graphics, windows 8.

The current computer takes quite a bit of time to start up about 3-4 min to get to a usable desktop and is starting to hinder my productivity. I can't sleep or hibernate the computer of i resume with a bsod. Also the battery holds pretty much no charge at all.

I will buy between now and the end of may since money is pretty tight right now

This computer is $549, so just a tad over your budget, but I think it will definitely fit all of your needs, plus last a good amount of time. It's got the 3rd Generation i5 Intel Processer, plus 6GB of DDR3 RAM, but it's expandable up to 8GB of DDR3. As for your boot time, you may want to check and make sure you don't have certain applications that are set to run at start up when they aren't needed to. Best of luck to you in your search!

Asus 15.6" Laptop 6GB Memory 750GB Hard Drive Q500A-BSI5N04 - Best Buy

Back
Top Bottom