Rechargeable car jump starter battery replacement.

By new here I meant modern, not newly built engines; the technology. My old car's engine is newly rebuilt and has only 100,000km (~62k miles) on it. I broke it in for 5,000km before I started going +80km/h. But regardless, to be clear and possibly go to square one in this part of discussion, I thought modern engines required less amperage to start and mine is not modern (1992). Gotta make sure of portable jump starters in the future.

I'd be dubious of anything that claimed a thousand amp output. Even if you think if has good quality cables.

The conductors would have to be around an inch a across to handle that sort of power!

https://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.

Back to the original question...
You should just buy the same battery type.

Don't try to replace with a lithium cell pack, you have the wrong kind of charger.

If your one of these is like my one, (with a torch and accessory sockets, you can usually get a lead with a plug on both ends that connects to your cars lighter socket and plugs into the input so you can float charge as you drive and keep it in good condition.

A bigger lead acid cell is unlikely to fit, and your power draw is probably limited by the internal electronics rather than the battery anyway.

Back
Top Bottom