Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected

KevinG1

Baseband Member
ok.. now the problem is that whenever I turn on the computer it says "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected"

I don't have any cd/dvd drives in my computer and I am sure that I installed Windows 7 on my new hard disk. So, it should just automatically detect it and start properly but it doesn't seem like it.

I have checked the boot uility and see that this sata hard disk has set to "Enhanced" and also "IDE". This is the Boot preference as well in the boot screen. (It recognizes the full SATA hard drive)

What can I do to solve this now? :(

--
oh and also when I press F11 it searches the drive but in the boot section it says that the Boot file was not found. f11 searches for the drives/flash drives in my pc.
for me f2/DEL buttons are boot utility

Go into the BIOS and look for the boot device priority. If you don't have the hard drive as the primary device, set it as the primary boot device. If you have more than 1 drive, make sure that the correct drive is set as the primary drive.

If it still doesn't boot, check that you actually have windows installed. As you say you don't have a CD drive, you are able to install it off of a USB drive instead and you can check via that. To find out how, read this:

How To Install An OS Off Of A Flash Drive

There is only one hard disk and it is set primary... :(

The only other time I have seen it is when there either isn't an OS installed, meaning you haven't installed Windows on that drive, or, for a reason I do not know, Windows requires the installation disc in the drive in order to boot...which you can't because you don't have a DVD drive

I have created a boot device in USB (and put iso image of win 7) but when I try to load it..it says BOOTMGR is missing..

Now I have used this windows 7 iso before and its perfectly alright.. so what can be done?

ok I fixed it ... I didn't copy a file properly. All good now thanks!

Back
Top Bottom