really strange XP problem need experts opinions

serpentracer

In Runtime
I have a this compaq laptop presario 2570us. I run a fresh install of windows xp pro sp 3 etc.
after it sits turned off for several hours, when I start it back up windows crashes 2 times every time.

it restarts itself etc. and is normal acting after. never crashes during use.
I can't make heads or tails out of the info on the blue screen. later today I'll try snaping a picture of it and post it so everyone can look. and maybe give me some ideas.

so far I've tried all the bios updates. I have all the updates from Microsoft. which by the way is when I started noticing the crashes.
I'm going to try a boot loader program and install xp several times and test each one of them with different service packs. and see which one might be crashing it.

I don't think it's a hardware issue because ubuntu doesn't have the crashing problem and functions normally.

Reinstall Windows, and then enter windows recovery mode once you start booting up it will have choices, Esc, F1, F10, hurry and press the one that says windows recovery, tell me if this works.

I would agree with Allstar. Sounds like your computer is running into a "rolling reboot." A recovery should hopefully fix the corrupted operating system file that's having the error on startup.

I've already installed windows on this thing 5 or 6 times. this is also on a new harddrive. the old one was failing the SMART tests. every time I get all the updates it starts having issues.
at least that's when I start seeing the crashing.
it didn't crash on me this time. (using it now) it sat off since 11:00 am.
I set the recovery option to not restart. so I'll be able to catch a picture of it.
I also downloaded windows debuging tool from microsoft to let it scan the dump file. but it said the symbols are not pointing at the right something or other. (i'm not sure what I'm looking at lol) so it offers not much help either.

my brother thinks (since his did it) I have a issue with the new ram I put in it a month ago. I think he's out of it because linux doesn't have a problem.
I'm not going the re install windows route again. that never stopped the problem before. the only other thing I can think of is a driver causing it to crash.
I have a HP printer driver installed and everyone on the HP forums is cussing hp up and down about the troubles the software and drivers are causing on their computers.
I used to think it was Microsoft Security Essentials crashing it but I uninstalled it and it still crashed.
I'd uninstall the printer stuff but if you know anything about hp's printer driver/software, you know it cannot be removed completely. not even with their software scrubber. which then causes major problems with it when you try to reinstall it. it skips files and everthing and just causes major issues. to the point you pretty much have to reinstall windows just to get the printer to work. avoid hp printers at all costs.
the ironic thing about it is, the drivers/software they made for linux is 100% flawless. lol

here's a screen capture of the event in event viewer.
also note there is no "error" listed in the event viewer. just regualar "info" about a bugcheck.
ignore the blue lines in the picture. It did that after I resized it. it's not part of the regular screen

5027002115_998e776d4c_b.jpg

I've found a few old threads on other forums about display drivers are usually the cause of these kinds of crashes. but microsoft doesn't have newer drivers than the only driver compaq provides. which doesn't appear to ever been updated. and ATI has no info about this video chipset.
radeon IGP 345M

Reinstall Windows, and then enter windows recovery mode once you start booting up it will have choices, Esc, F1, F10, hurry and press the one that says windows recovery, tell me if this works.

If I have a xp disc with sp2 will it undo SP3? I don't want to create more problems. it takes days to reinstall all this stuff.

actually I'm not sure what you are telling me to do. are you telling me to insert my xp disc and run a system recovery?

update below
alright guys, I get the BSOD that says Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. again, this only happens on a start from sitting over night. never while using it, or restarting while installing stuff etc.

update
seems I might be on to something. I'm making progress.
I basically un-installed the display drivers, touchpad driver, HP notebook utilities, HP printer driver, and MSE (security essentials).

the computer (knock on wood) still hasn't crashed on start up so far.

I'm in the process of installing things one by one. it's going to take a week or more for sure. but it's the only way I know how to find out the cause of the crashing. that only happens after it sits over night turned off.
I kind of have a suspicion of MSE is the culprit. for one, it never starts on it's own like it's supposed to. two, it often would crash and say MSE needs to close etc.
I restored the computer to before I installed all of this stuff. so I think the root of the problem has been taken out of the equation. unlike before when I un-installed MSE and it still crashed. but since the restore, it hasn't.

I really want to keep using MSE because it proved valuable to me on my other computer using vista. it stopped a trojan from installing itself. which frigging firefox let download without me knowing...no more firefox for me either.
all I did was click on a link from another website and it went to one of those sites that act like they are scanning your computer. if it wasn't for MSE my good computer would be all screwed up.

looks like it was a graphics driver causing the crashing. since using microsofts driver over compaq's original driver all the crashing has stopped.

I feel pretty confident saying it was the problem. but, I still haven't installed my printer or MSE.
but those are software, software can't cause a BSOD right?

well I was wrong about the video driver. started crashing again so I tried some memory specifically marketed for this computer and it hasn't crashed since the 9th. 8 days without one crash.

buyers beware of memory sticks even brand name. PNY said their ram would work in this computer but it doesn't. it's the kind that works in a few different speed configurations. don't buy this stuff. I'm not the only person on the net that has had this kind of problem.

i also faced the same issues which you are facing and my friend told me about "ijinni technician" i contacted them at WWW dot ijinni dot COM.any issues. just open the website and you can chat with the experts who are Microsoft certified technicians and will fix the issue itself on the spot or u can call them through Skype or contact and for more visit their website as it is very user friendly website. just click on the chat as the response rate will be very fast from them and they have fixed my issues in no time.

Back
Top Bottom