Real trouble please help

Devils6258

Baseband Member
I had an operation recently and since I'm recovering there isn't really much I'm aloud to do. So I got into computer games but now I have a problem. I was playing Counterstrike with Steam and now Steam wont open! When I try to open the program an hourglass shows for a second then nothing happens. But Steam starts to run in the background. So it starts to run but wont start up. I tried to post in the steam forums but you have to wait so long to be verified to post and I'm sick of waiting. The Steam FAQ says that this problem can be because, of spyware and viruses and I know I have them and have been downloading every Antivirus and spyware program I can find. None of them are fixing the problem. Alot of the programs suck they cant even find obvious threats. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I have Windows XP I've already tried a system restore but system restore never seems to help me anymore. It doesn't really change anything. I wouldnt mind rebooting my entire computer but I dont know how to do that and dont you need your verification number or something? I'd appreciate any help. I have nothing to do now to distract myself until I'm done recovering its rather depressing :(.

This happened to my friend, he checked steam forums, which can be located at www.steampowered.com and there recently has been a virus that specifically targets steam accounts. I'd give it a try, they provide a fix in one of the threads i think.

Thanks I think this actually helped. I followed a few steps on the forums and bought spyware doctor. I'm good to go :) Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom