ReadyBoost

Rmp5s

In Runtime
I just found out about this feature in Vista. I thought it sounded sweet...being able to add ram to this peesashit Dell Inspiron 1501 with one of the many flash drives or 2.0gig SD cards I have laying around would ROCK. So, I grabbed one of the SD cards I have layin around, a PNY 2 gig SD that has over 1.9 gigs of space available, shoved it in the site, clicked on the ReadyBoost tab to activate it and it says "This device does not have the required performance characteristics for use in speeding up your system."

...I knew this sounded too good to be true...

So...what's the trick? I have a few different memory cards I can try and a 2 gig flash drive I could try as well. Instead of digging up all these (I'm not completely sure where they all are...) and trying them all, I want to find out what the requirements are.

Thanks in advance!

trick is its only able to allocate as fast as the usb speed are, and its like having low speed ram added to your pc its nice, its just much nice to just buy a ram stick for your lappy instead.

True, which I'd do if it wasn't already maxed out. Dell shipped the thing with 512 meg...RUNNING VISTA!! What a joke...it barely booted up, let alone much else. We stuck another 512 in it and it works but still not great. I don't think it can take any more. That's why using a flash drive or SD card would rock.

What cards and drives work?

they have jemp drives designed for ready boost , this sucks in your situation but you can buy them but they are't cheap.

I just found out about this feature in Vista. I thought it sounded sweet...being able to add ram to this peesashit Dell Inspiron 1501 with one of the many flash drives or 2.0gig SD cards I have laying around would ROCK. So, I grabbed one of the SD cards I have layin around, a PNY 2 gig SD that has over 1.9 gigs of space available, shoved it in the site, clicked on the ReadyBoost tab to activate it and it says "This device does not have the required performance characteristics for use in speeding up your system."

...I knew this sounded too good to be true...

So...what's the trick? I have a few different memory cards I can try and a 2 gig flash drive I could try as well. Instead of digging up all these (I'm not completely sure where they all are...) and trying them all, I want to find out what the requirements are.

Thanks in advance!

Search for a 150x or 133x high speed flash drive :D

Got ya. My flash drive might be that fast...I don't know. It's in my car and I've been too lazy to go get it so I haven't tried it yet. I'll do it tomorrow.

SD cards won't work? I thought they would.

Back
Top Bottom