Reading Registry Values/Information

MooseMan1

Fully Optimized
Ok, I have a question that I find hard to word, but I'll try to explain it best I can. (I also hope I have my registry definitions correct.)

I am trying to find out how to see, and how to change where a registry value gets its data.

For example, I am looking at the subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Backgrond

Within this subkey there is a value called OEMbackground. I am trying to find out where this value gets its data. The value tells Windows rather to use the default embedded Windows login background or rather to specify my own. The value says to use a backgrounddefault.jpg file located under %windir%\windows\system32\oobe\info\background. I am trying to find out how the value knows this - where it gets the information from, and how I can change it. My company wants to be able to create our own folder and store the background image there, not within this preset directory.

Does that make sense? Hope to get some help :)

-Moose

Hey,

I would image a key like that is a default windows value.
My reccomendation would be to manually change it to backgrounddefault2.jpg (create the image) and reboot.

i don't believe there is anywhere with a UI to change the background of the logon screen

Back
Top Bottom