Reading CPU Temperature

matejakezman

Baseband Member
when i read CPU temperature in BIOS is arond 59, and using my motherboard software(wasytune) is around 61.

when im using speedfan or everest it is about 52-53.

which temperature is right?
is it to high for amt athlon 2600+.

when i ply gmaes it read 58 in everest or 65 in easy tune. what is correct?

Those temps are a bit high for that CPU! I would get better cooling, even if only one is correct. Those are way too high for an AMD. :eek:

Always trust your BIOS readings. darkblade is right those temps are high for a AMD.

AMD always runs warmer than Intel as they run their chips at the top end rather than at at the bottom end as intel does.

Uh.. yeah? Your point being??? The Athlon64 Barton core has a CRITICAL TEMP of 85 celcius. That means, at 85 celcius, the silicon wafer (R4 silicon) breaks down and you lose transistor series, thus causing damage to the CPU. A Barton should not pass 75C, not really even get close to 65C. 55C and below at idle is good, 60-65C FULL LOAD. Barton cores and picky and run differently at higher heat levels. They get very laggy, and the transistors don't empty as fast as their should. They get voltage "clotting" which causes a LOT of latency and lag.

Don't wory about that temp as that is cool for an AMD. If that ws an Intel I would be concerned.

OK, Darkblade, you know best. BYE.. I have no reason to be here as you are all knowing.

Back
Top Bottom