reached my goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
hey everyone, I'm kind of happy right now because I reached my goal this summer, and I usually don't stick to or reach my goals, so this was rare for me.

anyways, my goal was to put pounds onto my benchpress by the end of summer, my goal was 30 pounds. So I wanted to reach 165 with 135 being my max before. Well, today I tested myself and I didn't get to 165, but instead, 185, and I could probobly put up more, but not without a spotter.

just felt like sharing :)

NICE. I dont want to think about my maximu, I havent lifted wieghts in like 4 years. and everytime I go the the gym I remember why :p

what's your regimen powerslave? Bench/chest is my least favorite things to do and hence have my weakest area. Congrats tho, nice to see someone get what they want.

DefragMyHead said:
what's your regimen powerslave? Bench/chest is my least favorite things to do and hence have my weakest area. Congrats tho, nice to see someone get what they want.

had to dictionary the "regimen", and there was multiple definitions but I take it you're asking me what I do when I bench.

Well, the whole summer I switched from 3x10 on bench to 3x8 and spread my hands out farther, so I got more of the chest workout. Now I am switching to different sets each week. My new program is :

week 1 : 3x8 135-145lbs
week 2 : 3x5 150-160lbs
week 3 : 3x3 165-170lbs, can't get 3 reps of 175 yet, but I am working on it.

That's basically my workout for bench. So, in a nutshell, alternating your regular lift gives huge benefits.

I used to do 210 at the beginning of my junior year during football season, but I haven't touched any sort of gym weights since then so I would guess that I might be able to do 150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom