Re installing System

Berne

In Runtime
Hey All,
Your system has crashed, no ifs or buts its a full reinstall, roughly speaking in my Control Panel Ive got 50 programes ( drivers included ) various sizes 2GB down. Total CP filesize is c.30GB.
Now for me to reinstall to fully functional desktop as above we are talking 4days 12 hour days...its a real bummer right?
My pc literacy is verging on confident beginner of XP and realted basic pc hardware. Now I bet a lot of readers have been in this spot before...and Im thinking, "There must be a quicker way to fully reinstall ones pc post crash or when required?"

Now Im NOT talking about backing up your hard drive here....Im interested in learning how I can take an image of my fully functional desktop AND upon crash occurrance, simply, reaching for the backed up image on my DVD / CD, insterting it into the DVD drive, rebooting to the DVD drive firstly of course, and waiting for a reasonable amount of time, some hours I imagne... at which time with a reboot to the hardrive configured, my pc would be fully restored and functional with full control panel programes and drivers correctly installed and working, as imaged at the time of backup?

Is this a technology that is currently available or coming close to being available? Moreso if this is possible...dare I say it....can a beginner complete the backup A-Z process EASILY? Is there a forum for the product dedicated soley to this subject, with excellent aftersales service on the issue?
If you know its not possible to do the above but you know of a great time efficient process which even a beginner could do to get the same result, Id be happy to read it. Any good advice on the matter greatly appreciated by all concerned, and thats quite a few Id say!
In wonder,

Berne

P.S. If you care to list your control panel stats and estimated time for full reinstall all the better.

What you talking about is ghosting you HDD, there are plenty of software out there NORTON GHOST or ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE are the best. I prefer Norton Ghost as im an XP user, this software is a doddle to use and will restore very quickley

I agree with blackjack. Here is a video of how to ghost and install your OS on to a new hdd.

Cheers!

Hi,
Thank you wmorri and blackjack.
All others see either Acronis, Paragon, and Norton Ghost software, and be very thankful you read this.

Berne:)

Back
Top Bottom