RDC ,Terminal server exceeded maximum number

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
RDP ,Terminal server exceeded maximum number

I have got two PCs (Desktop and Laptop), both of them have got 2003 server, I have got these users on Desktop :
username
pfan-->password : pfan-->Member of Group: Remote Desktop Users
nshoe-->password: nshoe-->Member of Group: Remote Desktop Users

When I tried to login from laptop to Desktop as username:Administrator and its associated password,,there is no problem

When I tried to login from laptop to Desktop as username : pfan (there is no other concurrent (simultenous) remote desktop connection) and its associated password,,I am receiving this error connection:
Code:
Terminal server has exceeded maximum number of allowed connection".

And when I tried to login from laptop to Desktop as username:nshoe (there is no other concurrent (simultenous) remote desktop connection) and its associated password,,I am receiving the same error above.

1- Why Am I recieving this error message ?

2- How many concurrent Remote Desktop Connection for different (obvious for the same user from different PCs, I can not have) users can I have ?

Well, just a thought. When you connect and then disconnect, are you using the "X" to close out of the connection or are you actually logging out? Try to log back in with the Admin account and then use the "Log Off" option on the start menu. The "X" will actually keep the session logged in. This is by design. You still should have 1 more available connection though since the default is 2 active connections without buying additional licenses. Try logging out the Admin anyway and see if this doesn't help.

Well, just a thought. When you connect and then disconnect, are you using the "X" to close out of the connection or are you actually logging out? Try to log back in with the Admin account and then use the "Log Off" option on the start menu. The "X" will actually keep the session logged in. This is by design. You still should have 1 more available connection though since the default is 2 active connections without buying additional licenses. Try logging out the Admin anyway and see if this doesn't help.
Yes this is the problem,,thanks for this hint

Glad it was able to be resolved.
When I first started using RDP instead of TS, I had this same exact problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom