Processor- Dual Intel Xeon X5680 Overclocked 4.3GHz

Memory- 12GB Corsair GT 2000Mhz

Motherboard- EVGA SR 2 Motherboard

PSU- 2x Enermax 1050 watt PSU

OS- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Video- Quad SLI EVGA GTX 580 FTW

Monitor- 55" Samsung 9000 series

Please rate 1-10 and how can I make it better

Well, you kind of overkilled on everything, so I guess in that way you get a 10.

If you consider the kind of massive power bill this thing will generate though, then it gets a 5. I think it's a little bit too much overkill tbh.

I'm hesitant to say it's a good build simply because I've never seen Xeons in a a gaming machine. It should kill in video editing though, albeit over kill...

I'm hesitant to say it's a good build simply because I've never seen Xeons in a a gaming machine. It should kill in video editing though, albeit over kill...

Likewise. I really don't know how well they will hold up in a gaming situation, seeing as they were designed with server-type usage in mind from my understanding.

The GTX580 is a dual core GPU right? So I'm assuming by 4 way SLI you mean you have two cards with a total of 4 gpus?

Yeah, I'm hoping to build something like that in around a year, possibly two 590 cards. Every penny of my wages is going into the bank to get saved ;) I think the Xeons might be overkill, mind. A 1366 I7 would be more appropriate

Likewise. I really don't know how well they will hold up in a gaming situation, seeing as they were designed with server-type usage in mind from my understanding.

The most notable difference between a X5680 and a i7 980X is the second QPI bus that's used for dual-CPU (2 physical sockets) systems. There are probably some other server optimizations, but they shouldn't detract from gaming or desktop stuff.

That said, you're better off with a 980X unless you want to run two CPUs. There's a hefty premium on the X5680.

Back
Top Bottom