[RANT] So I an involved in a car accident over the week end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dunno...you have the right to be kinda upst..but it's no big deal. I don't want to be mean or anything..but i'm sure if the accident was your fault and the person screamed at you..you would rant over it anyway. so you really had no right to scream at that woman

It's just a knee jerk reaction from having some one say some thing really stupid while I was in a bit of shock. Her excuse of "the traffic just suddenly stopped" and the simple fact that we stop and she ran into us about 3 seconds later.
She was doing the right thing about keeping the 3 second gap between her car and ours while driving. She was doing the wrong thing by not pay attension to the road.

Go to the doctor just to be safe. Had the same thing happen and while you are in pain go to the doctor for one to ensure everything is okay, and for two so you have proof you went if you want to file a claim at a later date.

Been going ot the doc and x-rays yesterday. Seeing about the results of x-rays today.

If it was me that hit him (though I do try to actually look where I'm going), I wouldn't just be making excuses. I'd say "my bad. I ****** up"

I would of excepted that no problem. I really did not like it how this woman was trying to push the blame back on to us for stopping. It was about 3 seconds before she hit us. If she was paying attension to the road, the worse that would of happened would of been a love tap.

Between my friend and i, we were treating the excuse of "the traffic just suddenly stopped" as a meme for the rest fo the day.

OMG that definitely sucks, especially if you were the one driving...

I was not driving. I can not allowed to drive for another 16 hours. See this thread for further details.

If it was me that hit him (though I do try to actually look where I'm going), I wouldn't just be making excuses. I'd say "my bad. I ****** up"

Don't admit liability. The exchange of chat should be limited to "are you OK?", swap details and continue on your journey or arrange collection for your car. If you suspect that the other persons ability to drive is impaired call the police. If they are seriously hurt call the police and an ambulance.

I should get rear-ended more offen. I just got off the phone with the TAC and they are about to offer me $2000 as a final payment for my injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom