[RANT]I loss my driving license last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks. But it could be worse. 3 months is nothing. My father lost his for 10 years cause of DWI's. I give it the s cause he had 4 of them.

I do know that in NY there are double points. If you get caught in a work zone.

That sucks. But it could be worse. 3 months is nothing.
That is what I am telling myself too. It's not the 3 months. It's all the other things like my car insurance will go up.

Next episode on MYTHBUSTERS :-
Friend of mine told me this one trick. If I over pay the fine, even by $1, the RTA needs to issue me a refund. So they will normally issue me a cheque. Provided that I never bank this cheque in, the case will be left open, and they are unable to remove the points. Therefore I still have my license.

I have over paid $2 on my fine today, so I am going to see how that goes. I got a feeling that it might not work. However until they remove the points from my license, I can still legally drive.

Just found out that car rego is going to go up by $50 because of this screw up. HOWEVER, on the good news, I will be saving at least $720 over the next 3 months as I will not be needing to fill up my car.

Plus I don not need to worry about changing my break pads or tyres until christmas time too as I not be driving.

:)

The eternal optimist, eh, Harper? :D At least there are some good points in it all.

That is what I am telling myself too. It's not the 3 months. It's all the other things like my car insurance will go up.

Next episode on MYTHBUSTERS :-
Friend of mine told me this one trick. If I over pay the fine, even by $1, the RTA needs to issue me a refund. So they will normally issue me a cheque. Provided that I never bank this cheque in, the case will be left open, and they are unable to remove the points. Therefore I still have my license.

I have over paid $2 on my fine today, so I am going to see how that goes. I got a feeling that it might not work. However until they remove the points from my license, I can still legally drive.

Nope. Sorry, that trick does not work. On the bright side, maybe you can get Norcent to drive you around.

Police over here seem to be very calm and forgiving if you have a reason.

105Mpg down B roads at night with noone around, police let him off because he wasn't dangerous to anyone else and it was night.

90Mph down a 70Mph motorway in the morning, the rest of the traffic is also 90/100mph, so noone gets done. (know this from school work experience, went to work at dads job :D)

Thats all on the basis theres no speed cameras ofcourse, its stupid that they've started installing the averaging speed detectors.. there annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom