radeon 9600 128mb SE
ASUS via KT400/333 series mobo

New-
Amd athlon 64 +3000 1.8ghz
1g pc 3200
ASRock 939dual-SATA2 mobo
GEForce 6800 256mb XT

same-
Power supply ??w doesnt say it on power supply, cant find it on computer.
Lite-on cd-rw 52x32x52x
80g maxtor hard drive
mcafee 2006 virusscan

I had windows xp home edition with the same cd key used on 2 different computers mine and my family computer(not suppose to happen). But i wanted to switch from AGP to PCI-e so i upgraded my comp. after i installed the CPU graphics card and mobo i had to reformat to make it work. Windows xp activation didnt work with my new cpu soi couldnt activate. I installed my gig stickof RAM. then i reformatted again to see if it would work then but didnt work. I downloaded a crack from limewire that made it work but i was having all these funny problems

It was saying that certain files were currupt even if they were on cd
it was saying that direct x 9.0 and my sound driver werent tested with windows and may cause an error.
I was also haveing random restarts with my computer.
these files couldnt install because of problems:
some windows files off the cd (so i tried another windows home edition cd and did the same)(currupt)
microsoft update(currupt)
java, said its already installed and cant update
itunes(currupt)
direct x 9.0
sound driver.

I reformatted with home edition one more time and had the same problems even when i wasnt using the crack.
i downloaded windows xp pro egyptian hack SP2 and it still had these issues. i havent tried any games yet so i dont know how they will run.

possible errors? :confused: :
power supply (not big enough so it reads inproperly, cant speed up fan so causes crashes maybe?)
CD-RW (drive read the windows cd wrong so caused problems with other programs.)
CPU fan ( i installed the fan, ran my comp, failed because of windows i thought it was the cpu so i took off the fan moved it over a little more then placed down again and may have made the coolant no good.? causes the crashes, fried part of the mobo causes problems reading maybe)

if you need more info ill tell it to you , there is just alot to say.

sorry didnt mean to, my computer is crapping out and i clicked it, it didnt load, then five minutes later i clicked it again and i guess it posted twice

i took out my video card because it seemed hot, so i replaecd it with an older suckier one and it works good in safe mode, but i cant start it up in regular mode. it comes up with a blue screen but restarts before i can read it. im thinking power supply or overheating. im gonna try taking off the side of my case and pointing a fan into it to see if it helps

I THINK I FOUND IT!!! the RAM is bad, i did a memory check and it had like 100 errors in the first 6%, i just got the ram too but newegg is usually good about returning so that fixes it. you guys helped out alot thanks

Back
Top Bottom