Random restarts (and BSoD)

No, I don't get that box.

I am rather sure it isn't a software error, as I have reinstalled XP two times already...

And seriously, it is impossible to understand what you write...

I would aslo appreciate if you would tell me what the things you tell me to do are doing. I don't want to follow some advice without having any clue what it does.

ok

Switch the pc on with the power button, now wait, the your windows will come on correct? goto desktop correct? now press CONTROL ALT at the same time, now keep holding them keys and press DELETE on your keybored, now a box comes flying up yes? now on the tab click PROCESSES, well, if you can take printscreen but if you cant then keep reading, now look for in the 'Image name' look for csrss.exe and highlight it > click end process

does this help?

also try this, reboot your pc and then put your xp disk in and it will say 'press any button to boot from disk' press somethin then ffs, then at the bottom of the screen you will see lots of text flying threw when you see this ''Press F6 if you have to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver.'' when you see it press F7.

ok?

Now you're just pretending I'm stupid...

I asked you to tell me what it does, not how to do it. I know how to press ctrl+alt+del :rolleyes:

So, basically, what I'm asking is what does the process csrss.exe do, and why should I end it? I can't see how it would help to stop a process when the main problem happens just after I type in the password.

Same thing goes for the second suggestion you had.

And as I said, I really don't think this is a software problem.

Seriously :rolleyes:

Haven't you read a word of what I've said? This is no virus or anything like that. Do you mean that the same virus would survive through three different installations of XP?

Some viruses hide in what is called the boot sector, this information in this area stays intact even if you reformat. You need to get a virus program and ensure it can scan the "boot sector". This would then solve your problem.

just tell me have you tried it?

because if you have then goto a pc store

let me gusse, it worked you just did'nt wanna post back

Back
Top Bottom