Random restart

My stick dont work properly, ill have to wait till tomorrow and use a disk.

It must be the additional stick of ram, its none refundable too :|

When i do the windows experience index assignment with the additional ram it crashes at the cpu section of the tests, but when i do the assignment without the extra stick, its fine.

Edit:

When i test the original ram on its own its doesnt crash, and when i test the additional ram on its own it also doesnt crash, but when i use them together it does crash ? any idea why

They are the same make, speed, ddr3, timings are as they should be, BUT the only different is that ym original ram is 3 x1gb and the additional ram is a 2gb stick

The frequency of the rams are the exact same, i can say that for a fact.

I tried memtestx86, my original ram passed, the additional ram on its own passed, but when i put both of the rams in at the same time it didnt work, it just crashed, the actual memtest crashed, it got to 23 minutes and froze.

any ideas

as long as the sticks are the same, you can have a 1333MHz stick ad a 1066MHz stick, just means that the 1333MHz stick will only work at 1066MHz

only RIMMS have to be installed in pairs, or a RIMM and a CRIMM.
(i think)

to be fair, it definately sounds more like a overheating problem.

try reseating your CPU with proper proceedure just to be sure, you may have knocked the heatsink wonky or something without noticing during installation of the stick.

sh!t happens sometimes. lol

you could try running Memtest from within safe mode.

I monitor my cpu temps alottt, so i know its not my cpu over heating, atm, my temps are, 33, 36, 32, 36, thats on a i7 930

Back
Top Bottom