random reboots

tehczar

In Runtime
hi, i've oc'd my 3800X2 AM2 to 2.2ghz

cpu voltage is at 1.3750

my ram is ddr26400 corsiar

voltage 1.9 timing 5-5-5-15

now sometimes when i'm browsing the internet or playing a game it will sometimes randomly reboot my computer.

what is causing this?

This is a nothing OC for this processor i've seen ppl w/ 2.7+ ghz

this is only 2.0 -> 2.2

2.2 is not that much to ask for off a 3800x2 on the new am2 socket

should i increase ram voltage of what could be causing this, set the ram to work at pc2640 instead of auto??

random reboots are a common consequence of overheating...and considering you are overclocking, I would definitely start looking there first. Do you have any way to monitor your temps inside your box?

yup i've never seen it over 48*C

not sure how high the mobo has gotten havnt looked there that much

i think i will be investing in another intake fan and some artic silver 5

although i'm pretty sure this problem isnt from overheating.

most likely it's overheating. That 48C under load right? U haven't oc'd alot so I doubt it's because the cpu or ram wouldn't be able to take the increased load, u could try increasing both voltages if u want to, but I doubt it's going to help.
U could also try putting the ram on a divider or increase the latency. This would mean that it would be running slower, but this way we will know if it's the ram. (and if it is then that must be some really cheap ram, my cheap ram can take 220mhz (original 200) without any problems and this is really the cheapest ram I could find)

Try running MemTest to see if the RAM is unstable or needs a bit more voltage. You may need to loosen the timings a bit, or put a bit more voltage through it.

Also try putting 1.4V through the processor - I'm right in thinking it starts off at 1.35?

thx processer i just changed the memory timings and that fixed it been running since last night and working great as i get on and game now

and mammikoura that is when i'm under load playing a game such as hl2 cs 1.6 or fear

Back
Top Bottom