random freezes

High pitched squealing is usually the sign of imminent hardware failure, and is usually a PWM on the motherboard or CPU. If you can isolate the sound's location (PSU or mobo, or elsewhere) you can help figure out what part is bad. If the system is having problems locking up though, it's a very telling sign. In about 90% of the cases like this one, it's a bad power supply (or overloaded, or a failing unit) and replacing the PSU will often fix the noise and locking issue. However if the noise is coming from the motherboard, well, you guessed it, time for a new mobo. :(

Edit: I was typing when you replied zack, so if you've isolated it to the PSU, definitely get a different one (though in all seriousness, the good power supplies are generally heavy - if you can lift one up with your hand and it feels really light - you'll know what I mean - then put it down and get a different one)

corsair CX500. are there any other test things out there that i can use im short on time the momtest86 is more complicated and takes longer.

MemTest won't help in this case if there's a real sound coming from the system. In all honesty, my troubleshooting would stop at this point because the PSU is highly suspect. Stressing the system out until you get a new or replacement PSU on there might actually cause more problems than it fixes. The last thing you want is the PSU to bring down the motherboard or a hard drive.

mainly just one game at a time. like league of legends or world of tanks. was originaly having ping issues got that fixed now this new thing has come up so i have already requested a RMA from corsair. hopes that fixes it

Back
Top Bottom