Random Chit Chat

I waited so I could make sure that it is really happening, and the announcement was made on Twitter today.

I am one of three that has won Xidax's Company of Heroes 3 PC giveaway.

XidaxPC.jpg

CPU: AMD RYZEN 9 7900X 12C/24T 5.6GHZ

Motherboard: MSI Pro Carbon WIFI X670e

GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX

RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z5 RGB DDR5 6000MHz 16GB - Memory Size : 32GB (16x2)

STORAGE: WD_BLACK SN850X M.2 - Storage Size : 2 TB

CUSTOM COMPANY OF HEROES 3 WRAP, CUSTOM LED’s, SLEEVING, RGB FANS

Yeah, I'm still in shock over it.

That's epic, what a sweet prize. Congrats. Here's to years of happy gaming with it.

Happy Saint Patty's Day tech friends! :thumbsup:
I'm Irish. I want to share a personal story with you.
My daughter was viewing information on the Ancestory.com website with the support of additional family members I learned that my grandmother on my dad's side was full blooded Irish and I had an aunt who was originally from Dublin Irland. My aunt Kisssed the Blarney stone. Some of you may not have heard of a blarney stone and I will share with you what kissing a blarnet stone means to the Irish in the video below.

So got a meeting in a couple weeks about my job change. But i've kind of already lost interest in it. I'm going to pursue technical architect / solutions architect career. I realised lately I don't want to do devops forever, it's too linear and specific, so I get bored quickly. I enjoy the architecting/designing azure cloud solutions more, it's broader in scope and still includes devops so my experience will be useful. So whether they say something good or bad at my meeting, it won't really change my plans much. Already got my studying well under way for the Azure Solutions Architect Expert qualification. It might be a bit tricky getting a job without me having a prior job role actually around architecting or designing, but if I get the right qualifications and make it clear in my resume that I have atleast got the experience of regularly working with other architects, assisting them and presenting technical requirments at design authority meetings and so on, I think i'll be able to find a role eventually. Already seen a couple job adverts that say they'd consider experienced engineers moving into their first design/architecting role.

So got a meeting in a couple weeks about my job change. But i've kind of already lost interest in it. I'm going to pursue technical architect / solutions architect career. I realised lately I don't want to do devops forever, it's too linear and specific, so I get bored quickly. I enjoy the architecting/designing azure cloud solutions more, it's broader in scope and still includes devops so my experience will be useful. So whether they say something good or bad at my meeting, it won't really change my plans much. Already got my studying well under way for the Azure Solutions Architect Expert qualification. It might be a bit tricky getting a job without me having a prior job role actually around architecting or designing, but if I get the right qualifications and make it clear in my resume that I have atleast got the experience of regularly working with other architects, assisting them and presenting technical requirments at design authority meetings and so on, I think i'll be able to find a role eventually. Already seen a couple job adverts that say they'd consider experienced engineers moving into their first design/architecting role.
If there's one thing I wish I could do full time, it's doing system architectural work on a physical level. Building environments and making them come to life is so satisfying.

Oh yeah sure. So same thing as what I plan to do for cloud. To be honest I will end up doing some on prem design anyway as hybrid setups are still quite popular.
Yea basically. Small to medium businesses are the most fun because it's a challenge vs large companies with a huge budget but don't want to spend questioning every decision.

Back
Top Bottom