Random Chit Chat

In our case it's the Biden admin. Once they do one thing everybody else follows suit. We have a dozen eggs now over 7 bucks. Historically these are around 2.75. All the energy companies used the pipeline shit as an excuse to ramp prices and the war. Tech companies are still trying to cling onto Covid profits, and retail markets are still trying to use supply shortage as an excuse to keep shelves empty and profits high. The B Admin keeps messing with farmers and the food causing meet, egg, and milk shortages. They are literally purposely tanking our economy.

Now when it comes to Texas and utilities, well they also have their own agenda because in the case of electric it's an unregulated grid with a bunch of rich white old men running the show.

7 bucks for eggs, rip. Eggs have gone up here but not that bad. 12 for $3 to $4. Luckily for me the neighbour across the road owns about 20 chickens so we get a box of six every few days for about $1.

I’ll have to read about the Biden policies. Sounds strange that he would try tank the economy but the western world politics is screwed up at the moment, not just in the US either.

7 bucks for eggs, rip. Eggs have gone up here but not that bad. 12 for $3 to $4. Luckily for me the neighbour across the road owns about 20 chickens so we get a box of six every few days for about $1.

I’ll have to read about the Biden policies. Sounds strange that he would try tank the economy but the western world politics is screwed up at the moment, not just in the US either.
Don't get me started. Even his voters are starting to see just precisely what his admin wanted to do. What makes it worse (not necessarily because of the admin) is all the declassified documents for some serious past crap coming out making the people hate the government even more.

All you need to know about the current American administration is they wanted to kick Trump out with the intent of making him not run anymore, while fueling the proxy war to launder money through Ukraine. Tanking the economy after Trump is so they can "bring it back up" to say they raised numbers a certain percent. The US government still thinks the people are as stupid and gullible as they were back when our only media source was the news on TV. If you want proof, just look at how they claimed they brought gas (gasoline) prices back down after they cranked it up over 120%.

Wanted to drop a quick hello people. Going to be back online before the end of the month and man oh man, have I missed this place.

Theirs been so much going on, its just unreal. Just signed a 24 month contract with my new ISP for the fix line Broadband. Busy using my mobile cell at the minute via a tethered connection.

Ive been doing some reading up the past couple of days on what all you've been posting and oh lord I'm so out of touch its unreal .

I'm actually pretty excited to be back online and looking for ward to it ..

:D

Wellcome back Spud!

Currently figuring out the best way to approach my boss about the fact I am about 30% underpaid, which is pretty damn significant in my opinion. Debating whether raising it before my annual review, or wait until after my annual review in the hope they acknowledge it and do something about it before me asking (I doubt it a lot). But if I go to them before i've had my review, they might be like "why the hell is this guy complaining before we've even had chance to assess him at the end of the year". So I dunno. Will spend a few weeks thinking about it. I like my job a lot, and I don't want to leave, but it's economically stupid to stay here and lose out about $1500 a month.

Supply chain issues are definitely still a thing... I'm in the trucking industry and without mucking in the weeds, it's not so much as material shortage (raw or finished product) as it's a buyer shortage. Meaning companies will only produce what they are going to sell. Having over stock is not profitable, as they are still trying to cling to the business model of on time freight. Not to mention the increased prices of fuel, taxes, and levies that are added into the cost on the back end which most people don't even see, makes it eve worse.

But a more basic example: There are shippers I used to go to couple or three times a week. Now I might go once a week cause they are not getting the orders to fill for multi shipments weekly. I also do a lot of raw material paper loads. (Huge paper rolls from various paper companies) They are even getting backed up cause companies don't want to spend the money to buy the paper when they can't use it right away and it takes up warehouse space, so in turn we as drivers are not hauling as much stuff in general.

Not all companies are out to price gouge, it's the big bastards that own most everything that do that. If we could get big business lobbyists and money of of DC, that would be a good start to make the Govt start to do what they are voted in for. Govern for the USA and not big business.

But yes, I understand that this can be blamed on a multitude of thing, political or otherwise, but at the end of the day when people don't want to buy product X, good on them, but then those that DO want product X are going to pay the higher price to get it, because of the higher cost to make it. It's a vicious cycle that most people refuse to accept and want to blame others for. But this started decades ago and it gets worse and worse each generation, but now add in all the "extra" things we have had in the last few years, and it made the whole pot boil over to what we have now...

There is no single "right answer fix" to any of this; never will be. All we can do is make our little bit of life easier for us and those around us. I try to make the world a better place than what I found it; always have and always will. That means more today than ever before.

Supply chain issues are definitely still a thing... I'm in the trucking industry and without mucking in the weeds, it's not so much as material shortage (raw or finished product) as it's a buyer shortage. Meaning companies will only produce what they are going to sell. Having over stock is not profitable, as they are still trying to cling to the business model of on time freight. Not to mention the increased prices of fuel, taxes, and levies that are added into the cost on the back end which most people don't even see, makes it eve worse.

But a more basic example: There are shippers I used to go to couple or three times a week. Now I might go once a week cause they are not getting the orders to fill for multi shipments weekly. I also do a lot of raw material paper loads. (Huge paper rolls from various paper companies) They are even getting backed up cause companies don't want to spend the money to buy the paper when they can't use it right away and it takes up warehouse space, so in turn we as drivers are not hauling as much stuff in general.

Not all companies are out to price gouge, it's the big bastards that own most everything that do that. If we could get big business lobbyists and money of of DC, that would be a good start to make the Govt start to do what they are voted in for. Govern for the USA and not big business.

But yes, I understand that this can be blamed on a multitude of thing, political or otherwise, but at the end of the day when people don't want to buy product X, good on them, but then those that DO want product X are going to pay the higher price to get it, because of the higher cost to make it. It's a vicious cycle that most people refuse to accept and want to blame others for. But this started decades ago and it gets worse and worse each generation, but now add in all the "extra" things we have had in the last few years, and it made the whole pot boil over to what we have now...

There is no single "right answer fix" to any of this; never will be. All we can do is make our little bit of life easier for us and those around us. I try to make the world a better place than what I found it; always have and always will. That means more today than ever before.
As much as this generally rings true, it was only so much of an issue with the current admin tanking our economy to blame and fuel war among other things. Take eggs for example. Last month 2.15 a dozen at Walmart, this month over 7 bucks a dozen. Purposely raising prices claiming "supply shortage". Uh no, them chickens are still pumping out the same amount of eggs, even if the Fed has their hand in our food supply. I don't want to hear Avian Flu or holiday baking as an excuse either, they've been around before. Literally everything this admin has their hand in the end result is our CoL going up besides the housing market. It can't be excused or explained away anymore. Over a year ago it was a trucker shortage, now it's nobody buying? Who made that call and why? Look at the problem. But speaking of housing, this admin has made it 10x harder to even buy a house because they want a renters market. What cripples the middle class hard? Housing. Corps buy out entire neighborhoods to rent, then raise qualifications to get a loan. You have no choice but to rent and it's costly as shit. Obviously the pricing isn't that bad in the whole country, but the interest rates sure are. Credit don't really matter either, I was told by 3 lenders last week 7% at 744. I remember a certain somebody else that was in office that this history is repeating. More of a general rant, but you get the gist. I'm tired of people pretending who is and isn't the problem anymore. Big corp is banking while middle class suffers. The blues kill the middle class, the reds kill the lower class.

As much as this generally rings true, it was only so much of an issue with the current admin tanking our economy to blame and fuel war among other things. Take eggs for example. Last month 2.15 a dozen at Walmart, this month over 7 bucks a dozen. Purposely raising prices claiming "supply shortage". Uh no, them chickens are still pumping out the same amount of eggs, even if the Fed has their hand in our food supply. I don't want to hear Avian Flu or holiday baking as an excuse either, they've been around before. Literally everything this admin has their hand in the end result is our CoL going up besides the housing market. It can't be excused or explained away anymore. Over a year ago it was a trucker shortage, now it's nobody buying? Who made that call and why? Look at the problem. But speaking of housing, this admin has made it 10x harder to even buy a house because they want a renters market. What cripples the middle class hard? Housing. Corps buy out entire neighborhoods to rent, then raise qualifications to get a loan. You have no choice but to rent and it's costly as shit. Obviously the pricing isn't that bad in the whole country, but the interest rates sure are. Credit don't really matter either, I was told by 3 lenders last week 7% at 744. I remember a certain somebody else that was in office that this history is repeating. More of a general rant, but you get the gist. I'm tired of people pretending who is and isn't the problem anymore. Big corp is banking while middle class suffers. The blues kill the middle class, the reds kill the lower class.
Not sure about your area in TX but where I'm at I drove behind my local wally world and there are at least a dozen or more tractor trailer containers lined up, I saw some are reefers. I can't help to think but I'm suspecting that large stores are holding back on stock to keep demand high for higher prices, because why are there these large containers behind the stores? Also, I was at a local large retail grocer called Meijers in my area and decided to take a closer look and I saw these reefer trucks there too, A security gard drove up and approached my car and asked me what I was doing there.
I can not say they are holding out on supplies but it looks suspicious that these shipping containers are now in parking lots after covid than before covid

Not disagreeing AT ALL. What I was talking about is general stuff from my perspective, not from a media point of view and like I said I was making a general, very broad example of what I see. It's also my perspective from where I live on the East coast. It may very well be different in another area. As for the nobody buying... That is me. Again from my perspective. but after putting the pieces of what I see and hear from shippers and talk about from drivers of other trucking companies, it (while speculation) makes sense that greed has played a significant role in our current state and not just in the Govt sector. So in essence, we both said the same thing but just in 2 different ways. I'm just not trying to blame anyone. I wish I could trust those that make policy, but a lifetime of missteps and utter lies have made the system so one sided that all I can do is look out for me and mine and do the best I can while not working myself to death in the process. But it sometimes hard to let the idiots affect me. But in the last few years, I have had to make some serious internal life priority changes to adapt to the changes in my life, even thought I didn't want to accept it.

As for the chickens... Can't talk about that. I've never worked with Tyson, Cargill, or Perdue, but I will say that the "Chicken Mafia" (the truck drivers who haul live chickens to factory) is not running near as much as they were around Oct/Nov last year. I have no idea why though.

Back
Top Bottom