Random Chit Chat

Okay get this... someone I know worked in the US for years at a tech company, moved back to the UK and were told they can keep their US salary which is about 3x what that role is paid here. So they bought a nice big house etc, living the dream life. Then after about 6 months of living here the company changed their mind and said actually you can't keep your salary, and reverted him to the maximum he could earn for his grade in the UK. Which was still a great salary, but 1/3rd of his previous one nevertheless. Obviously he could no longer afford his home, so he had to sell up and all that crap. Well anyway long story short I just heard from him that he successfully sued them, and they settled out of court for loss of earnings, stress and a bunch of other shit, and the payout was good enough that he's now rebought his original house in cash with no mortgage.
Damn son.

My Audi is in for warranty work so I got an Audi A6 S-Line courtesy car. It has all the optional extras so I played around with them.

Electric seats with memory is cool, when you park the seat moves backwards to make getting out of the car easier. Then when you next get in it moves back into position.

360 camera is cool, pretty useful.

Self park scans the side of the road for suitable parking places and then auto parks for you. In theory. In reality I tried it on three quiet suburban roads with HUGE parking spaces like 20 meters long. It fails every time. Just smashes on the brakes midway through and beeps at me. Shrug. What a load of crap.

My Audi is in for warranty work so I got an Audi A6 S-Line courtesy car. It has all the optional extras so I played around with them.

Electric seats with memory is cool, when you park the seat moves backwards to make getting out of the car easier. Then when you next get in it moves back into position.

360 camera is cool, pretty useful.

Self park scans the side of the road for suitable parking places and then auto parks for you. In theory. In reality I tried it on three quiet suburban roads with HUGE parking spaces like 20 meters long. It fails every time. Just smashes on the brakes midway through and beeps at me. Shrug. What a load of crap.
Well it's not a Tesla lol.

I rarely do DIY so whenever I do something it's often the first time i've done it. I have some decent kit like Milwaukee drill and so on but in terms of experience I don't have much. So anyway i'm fitting a new brass carpet trim in a doorway between the front door mat and living room carpet for my mom. The current one was loose and shitty and the carpet was fraying. God damn frayed carpet got caught in the drill bit and pulled like an inch and a half of carpet thread bear, and bent my screwdriver bit too.

Well that's a lesson learned. Not sure how a carpet fitter would have done it, cut the frayed bits off ? singe them ? tape them back ? idk. At least I didn't make the mistake in my own house lol.

Planning on buying a W140. And no it's not a rich man's car where I live, thanks to the market we have here. Running costs compare to a Camry's here if you get a low options model or decide to leave broken unnecessary options alone or remove them when dead. Well except for the MPG since it's a 1998. But I don't really go around that much and its MPG (3.2 inline-6 engine) is still similar to a modern natural aspiration V8 so kinda acceptable.

Ah, is the mobile RTX 3060 that bad? I see laptops with it for ~$1,000 USD or less. I know it's a stripped down desktop variant like other mobile Nvidia grafix but it can still run Elden Ring 60FPS and supports DLSS and RT. Got myself one actually. I don't need more than 1080p60 and I don't mind some reduced grafix configurations.

Planning on buying a W140. And no it's not a rich man's car where I live, thanks to the market we have here. Running costs compare to a Camry's here if you get a low options model or decide to leave broken unnecessary options alone or remove them when dead. Well except for the MPG since it's a 1998. But I don't really go around that much and its MPG (3.2 inline-6 engine) is still similar to a modern natural aspiration V8 so kinda acceptable.

Ah, is the mobile RTX 3060 that bad? I see laptops with it for ~$1,000 USD or less. I know it's a stripped down desktop variant like other mobile Nvidia grafix but it can still run Elden Ring 60FPS and supports DLSS and RT. Got myself one actually. I don't need more than 1080p60 and I don't mind some reduced grafix configurations.
Only mainly because they're in "lower end" laptops. Stuff sub 1,000 is IGP (AMD or Intel) or stuff like the 3050, 2060 etc.

Well file sizes depend largely on subject, ISO, lens etc but avg file size is roughly half the MP so 227 images at roughly 13MB a pop is almost 3GB in itself. When you start using presets, LUTs, or adding effects that multiplies by double as I think Lightroom keeps the original in RAM and modifies a copy instead of reading off the drive again. So that's 6GB. Add the additional RAM needed for the extra edits per image and yea I can see it using 22GB rather easily. Go into preferences and you can set how much RAM you want to limit the program to and if it starts swapping from RAM to SSD/HDD it'll start to chug. People thought I was nuts for wanting 64GB to do shoot edits and video editing but these programs can eat the RAM easy. I just recently had a client that had a failing SSD and when I went to investigate I realized his entire Lightroom catalog cache in itself was about 800GB (leaving his 1TB SSD full 24/7 and killing NAND). Mind you this isn't images, this is just a catalog cache of his edits that point back to another drive with the RAWs.
But I'm curious, Bmp Image File Convert Text Do You Know The Best Way To Convert BMP To Txt?
Well, file sizes vary greatly depending on the subject, ISO, lens, and so forth, but the average file size is around half the MP, so 227 shots at roughly 13MB each is over 3GB. When you start applying presets, LUTs, or effects, the effect multiplies by two since I believe Lightroom stores the original in RAM and edits a duplicate rather than reading from the SSD again.

But I'm curious, Bmp Image File Convert Text Do You Know The Best Way To Convert BMP To Txt?

Last edited:
Christmas eve, my sister is home - and already she has royally pissed me right off.

I've spent about $400 on christmas food for myself, my sister and my mom to enjoy. Yesterday after I collected my sister at the train station, she paid for about 40 dollars worth of food. She also brought about 60 dollars of wine home with her, but she is the only person that drinks, so it's for herself basically. So if you're being generous she has spent $100 and I have spent $400, but minus the wine as she is the only one that drinks it, and she has spent 1/10th.

Cue last night, I am going to the store again for some final pieces. My sister asks me to get two bottles of wine for her to give as a gift to my dad. Okay fine, I ask her how much she wants to spend and she says about $15 per bottle. Okay no problem, I grab about $30 of wine at the store and give it to her when I get home. This morning I casually just ask her to send me the $30 for the wine that I got her for her Xmas gift to dad. She refused, and said she paid for the food after we went to the train station yesterday, so I should pay for this. I laughed, told her I already spent $400 on Xmas food ready for when she got home, and the bottles of wine are nothing to do with us, they are her gift to our dad and she should pay herself. She refused, argued, then told me she already sent my mom money at the start of the month to pay for Christmas. I messaged my mom and asked her if this was true, and nope, complete lie.

So in conclusion:

She spent $40, I spent $400
She spent $60 on wine for herself
She thinks I should pay for her wine gift to dad because she spent $40
She lied about giving money to my mom

To top it all off, she is a senior consultant at a consulting company, and earns more money than me and my mom combined. I'm pretty fucking angry, but had to swallow it and move on to keep the peace over Christmas.

It also just occurred to me I literally damn asked her how much SHE wants to spend on wine and she gave me an answer...

I am so glad i don't have many relatives around anymore. Its enough to go Bah Humbug. Anymore i could do without the damned Christmas tree. All the kids are grown up and won't be here anyway. Our dinner was placed around 2 months ago. No one coming to help eat up the food so we will have extra. I enjoyed it when i had the kids around. Now its a reason to pay more for dinner no matter how much it costs. Thanks giving we had a turkey from Honey baked hams. and we bought a Christmas ham from them at the same time. New years we will have prime rib.Thats about the only time we really spend a lot of money for foods. We don't drink so its the special sodas that are similar to champagne. Deb likes them so i get them. Anyway, the main point point is we don't have anyone here that don't live here. I think if my sister had done that i would have arranged her to be removed...forcefully. I don't need family like that, and wouldn't put up with that in my own home. I have a lot of memories of the holidays as i grew up. Almost all are gone and dead. I have one brother that is very sick and i hope for him to last through the holidays. when he goes, That will be the last of the family my age. My kids and his are scattered all over the country. None are around this part of the country. Last time we had family around for Christmas was in 2007. all my family is pretty much dead and gone. I don't know, maybe i am becoming a Scrooge...

Christmas eve, my sister is home - and already she has royally pissed me right off.

I've spent about $400 on christmas food for myself, my sister and my mom to enjoy. Yesterday after I collected my sister at the train station, she paid for about 40 dollars worth of food. She also brought about 60 dollars of wine home with her, but she is the only person that drinks, so it's for herself basically. So if you're being generous she has spent $100 and I have spent $400, but minus the wine as she is the only one that drinks it, and she has spent 1/10th.

Cue last night, I am going to the store again for some final pieces. My sister asks me to get two bottles of wine for her to give as a gift to my dad. Okay fine, I ask her how much she wants to spend and she says about $15 per bottle. Okay no problem, I grab about $30 of wine at the store and give it to her when I get home. This morning I casually just ask her to send me the $30 for the wine that I got her for her Xmas gift to dad. She refused, and said she paid for the food after we went to the train station yesterday, so I should pay for this. I laughed, told her I already spent $400 on Xmas food ready for when she got home, and the bottles of wine are nothing to do with us, they are her gift to our dad and she should pay herself. She refused, argued, then told me she already sent my mom money at the start of the month to pay for Christmas. I messaged my mom and asked her if this was true, and nope, complete lie.

So in conclusion:

She spent $40, I spent $400
She spent $60 on wine for herself
She thinks I should pay for her wine gift to dad because she spent $40
She lied about giving money to my mom

To top it all off, she is a senior consultant at a consulting company, and earns more money than me and my mom combined. I'm pretty fucking angry, but had to swallow it and move on to keep the peace over Christmas.

It also just occurred to me I literally damn asked her how much SHE wants to spend on wine and she gave me an answer...
Lol I definitely would not have kept the peace, had the mom confront her about the lie, and more importantly ask for the money up front. I've gotten to the point that there's only 1 or 2 people I will do something for without asking up front. Family or extended family, no, and most friends definitely no. Venmo me first or I'm not moving. Especially if I knew said person made more money than me, generally lies, barely spent any money compared to what I spent, and defined how much they wanted to spend. I remember some of the complaints you've made about your sister before and I woulda blown the whole thing up over 30 measly bucks.
So far my Christmas Eve has gone like this. Overslept, woke up and realized my work phone went off 16 times and did not make a noise (thanks fucking Android), and my step daughter came home smelling like pot.

Back
Top Bottom