Random Chit Chat

Got the job I interviewed for. Basically an Azure engineer resolving service desk tickets 50% of the time and then doing Azure / DevOps service improvement the other 50% of the time, atleast that's what I gathered from the interview.

Okay get this... someone I know worked in the US for years at a tech company, moved back to the UK and were told they can keep their US salary which is about 3x what that role is paid here. So they bought a nice big house etc, living the dream life. Then after about 6 months of living here the company changed their mind and said actually you can't keep your salary, and reverted him to the maximum he could earn for his grade in the UK. Which was still a great salary, but 1/3rd of his previous one nevertheless. Obviously he could no longer afford his home, so he had to sell up and all that crap. Well anyway long story short I just heard from him that he successfully sued them, and they settled out of court for loss of earnings, stress and a bunch of other shit, and the payout was good enough that he's now rebought his original house in cash with no mortgage.

Back
Top Bottom